Terms and Conditions
This document formally and legally outlines our Terms and Conditions, however our utmost priority is to have happy and satisfied customers, so please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you encounter any issue whatsoever.
Please take a moment to review these Terms and Conditions as use and/or purchase of products from DesignConcepts.co.nz constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by them.
All prices on our website are in NZ dollars and include GST. Availability, prices and delivery rates are subject to change.
We make every effort to display the most current and accurate product and inventory information. However, due to the nature of the items sold and the variations of computer screens, we do not guarantee that product descriptions or other content of this site is complete, current or error-free.
Design Concepts Future Warranty
Design Concepts is very confident about the quality of the goods we sell. At all times, your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act applies. We guarantee furniture manufactured by Design Concepts under the general terms of our limited two-year Warranty. This Warranty covers outdoor furniture manufactured by Design Concepts and made with materials including but not limited to; lightweight concrete, 316 stainless steel, A-Grade teak, powder-coated aluminium and other materials carried in our outdoor product portfolio. We warranty our products be free of defect in material and workmanship as detailed above, for the period of two years. The Warranty only applies where the goods are used for domestic use. Warranties are not transferrable and are limited to the original purchaser with proof of purchase.
Design Concepts will not be liable for any damage caused by furniture covers. Any damage caused by a furniture cover will not be covered by warranty. Our warranty is also not applicable to sale items, seconds or heavily discounted items of more than 10% less than advertised price.
To claim repairs or parts under Warranty, please email us at email@example.com
Sunbrella® Fabric Warranty
We support our Sunbrella® fabrics with a guarantee that is the best in the industry: a 5-year limited warranty for upholstery and shade fabrics. This warranty protects against Sunbrella fabric becoming unserviceable due to colour or strength loss from normal usage and exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew and atmospheric chemicals.
Umbrella Warranty – Frames & Canopies
Design Concepts provide a limited Warranty on the frames and canopies of our various umbrellas, as outlined below, however any specific brands may fall under the manufacturers own warranty conditions. N.B. daily protection of the parasol using the protective cover enhances the lifespan of the parasol exponentially.
- ASPEN CANTILEVER: 2 years residential Warranty
- ECLIPSUM: 3 years residential Warranty (2 years for commercial)
- ICARUS: 3 years residential Warranty (2 years for commercial)
- PARAFLEX: 2 years residential Warranty (1 year for commercial)
- SPECTRA: 3 years residential Warranty (2 years for commercial)
Warranty does not cover damage caused by wind or adverse weather conditions, fair wear and tear, accidents or misuse. The Warranty is valid only if the umbrella is installed and operated as per the instructions provided with each umbrella. Any umbrella repair, hardware replacement or fabric replacement supplied under warranty is covered for the time remaining in the original warranty and does not activate a new warranty period.
We 100% stand behind our products. Design Concepts warrants to the original purchaser, that our furniture and its components are free of defects in material and workmanship. If you find a defect in material or workmanship, we will, at our option, repair or replace the defective components at no cost to you. If you receive an item that is defective, please contact us upon receipt of the goods so we may exchange the item for its exact replacement. Items damaged in transit need to be reported to us upon receipt of delivery. Items damaged by you are non-returnable. We do not replace items damaged by the consumer; however, we are available to help and repair your product if repairable.
Design Concepts reserves the right to repair or replace any piece that is covered under the terms of this Warranty. Repair or replacement may involve Design Concepts providing parts directly to our customer where applicable and, at our expense, we will supply any replacement parts in cases where the Customer can easily make the repair. In no event shall Design Concepts be liable for incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of the product. The Warranty does not cover defects or damage caused by:
- Improper assembly
- Modifications after purchase
- Intentional damage, accident, misuse, abuse, or negligence
- Normal wear and tear which includes weathering and checking
- Damage that was a direct effect of weather-related conditions
Product fading is an inevitable part of outdoor furniture use in New Zealand conditions and therefore we do not make any guarantees regarding colour-fastness other than specifically mentioned.
- Risk of damage to, or loss of the Goods, passes to the Customer upon delivery.
- The Supplier shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage to the Goods that is caused by the Customer or any third party.
- The Customer acknowledges that Goods supplied may:
a. exhibit variations in texture, shade, colour, surface, finish, markings, veining, and contain natural fissures and occlusions, and may fade or change colour over time. Whilst the Supplier will make every effort to match sales samples to the finished Goods (or match batches of product supplied) to minimise this occurrence, the Supplier accepts no liability whatsoever where such variations occur.
b. expand, contract or distort as a result of exposure to heat, cold, weather; and
c. mark or stain if exposed to certain substances; and
d. be damaged or disfigured by impact or scratching.
- Timber is a hydroscopic material subject to expansion and contraction; therefore, the Supplier will accept no responsibility for any gaps that may appear during prolonged dry periods.
We accept returns or exchanges on merchandise deemed to have a manufacturer defect. All items returned or exchanged must be in original, unused condition. The purchaser assumes responsibility for all shipping costs related to the repair/replacement of goods under Warranty, however Design Concepts may elect to pay shipping costs at our discretion.
- The Customer shall inspect the Goods on delivery and shall within seven days of delivery, notify the Supplier of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Customer shall afford the Supplier an opportunity to inspect the Goods if the Customer believes the Goods are defective in any way. If the Customer does not comply with these provisions, the Goods are presumed to be free from defect or damage. For defective Goods, the Supplier’s liability is limited to either (at the Supplier’s discretion) replacing the Goods or repairing the Goods.
- Goods will not be accepted for return other than in accordance with 1 above.
a. the Customer has complied with the provisions of clause 1; and
b. the Goods are returned within fourteen (14) days of the delivery date; and
c. the Supplier will not be liable for Goods which have not been stored or used in a proper manner; and
d. the Goods are returned in the condition in which they were delivered and with all packaging material, brochures and instruction material in as new condition as is reasonably possible in the circumstances.
- Non-stocklist items or Goods made to the Customer’s specifications are under no circumstances acceptable for credit or return.
- “Defects” are defined as imperfections that impair the use of your furniture.
- Our Warranty does not apply to any cases of normal wear and tear of the furniture.
- Normal wear and tear are defined as “the normal deterioration caused by regular use of the furniture.”
- “Checking” or small cracking of the teak wood is a normal and natural occurrence that should be expected.
- The Warranty does not extend to the natural patina of the teak wood or any other discolorations.
Copyright and Trademarks
All content contained within our website, such as text, logos, images, video clips and digital downloads, is the property of Design Concepts or its content suppliers.
The trademarks of Design Concepts may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Design Concept’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Design Concepts. All other trademarks not owned by Design Concepts or its subsidiaries are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Design Concepts.
Terms and Conditions Subject to Change
Design Concepts reserves the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.